Please read the below studio policies and sign at the bottom of the page before your first lesson.
I desire to use the facilities and equipment of and/or participate in Classical Pilates® and GYOROTONIC® methods of physical conditioning, including activities, classes, programs or training (collectively, the “Activities”) provided by Balanced Birch Studio, LLC, a Massachusetts limited liability company located at 77 Cowls Road, Amherst, MA 01060 (the “Company”). In consideration of my use and participation, I hereby confirm that:
1. I have consulted with my physician and have clearance to use the Company’s facilities and equipment and participate in the Activities. If my condition changes at any time, I will discuss any restrictions with the Company’s managers prior to engaging in any Activities.
2. I will follow all instructions of the Company’s managers and staff members regarding my proper use of equipment and proper techniques for my participation in the Activities.
3. I will follow all recommendations of the Company’s staff members regarding the suitability of my use of facilities or equipment and my participation in one or more Activities.
4. I will comply with posted Company rules.
5. My use of the Company facilities and participation in one or more Activities is completely voluntary.
6. I understand that my failure to comply with the agreements set forth herein may (a) cause injury to myself or others, and (b) result in the Company’s termination of my use of the facilities and equipment and participation in Activities.
7. I give permission to the Company’s staff to provide or obtain emergency care and transportation for me if needed, at my sole cost and expense.
8. This Acknowledgment constitutes the sole and entire agreement of the Company and me with respect to the subject matter contained herein and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, and agreements both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter.
9. If any term or provision of this Acknowledgment is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Acknowledgment.
10. This Acknowledgment is binding on and shall inure to the benefit of the Company and its successors and assigns and me, my heirs and legal representatives.
11. All matters arising out of or relating to this Acknowledgment shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Massachusetts law.
CONSUMER'S RIGHT TO CANCELLATION.
YOU MAY CANCEL THIS CONTRACT WITHOUT ANY PENALTY OR FURTHER OBLIGATION BY CAUSING A WRITTEN NOTICE OF YOUR CANCELLATION TO BE DELIVERED IN PERSON OR POSTMARKED BY CERTIFIED OR REGISTERED UNITED STATES MAIL WITHIN THREE (3) BUSINESS DAYS OF THE DATE OF THIS CONTRACT OR THE DATE OF YOUR RECEIPT TO THE ADDRESS SPECIFIED IN THIS CONTRACT.
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS TO CANCELLATION
You or your estate may also cancel this contract for any of the following reasons:
if upon a doctor's order, you cannot physically or medically receive the services because of significant physical or medical disability for a period in excess of three months;
in case of your death;
If the health club services to be provided under this contract are not available because the seller fails to open a planned health club or location, permanently discontinues operation of a health club or location, or substantially changes the operation of a health club or location.
If you move either your residence or your place of employment more than twenty-five miles from any health club operated by the seller or a substantially similar health club which will accept the seller's obligation under the contract.
All monies paid by the buyer pursuant to a contract for health club services which has been cancelled for one of the reasons contained in this section shall be refunded to the buyer or his estate within fifteen days of the seller's receipt of such notice of cancellation; provided, however, that the seller may retain the portion of the total contract price representing the amount of time that the services or facilities were used by the buyer prior to cancellation; and provided, further, that the seller may demand the reasonable cost of goods and services which the buyer has consumed or wishes to retain after cancellation of the contract. In no instance shall the seller demand more than the full contract price from the buyer. If the buyer has executed any credit or loan agreement to pay for all or part of the price of the contract for health club services, any such negotiable instrument executed by the buyer shall also be returned and terminated within fifteen days. The buyer shall no longer be liable for any obligation under such credit or loan agreement.